Sunday 22 April 2012

Brilliant IKEA Campaign

I've always been amazed at Ikea's branding strategies. The designs are clean and minimalist which appeals to modern and sophisticated buyers yet the price point is quite low. It really is value for money.

So when I saw Ikea's current campaign for their mattresses, I thought it was quite genius. They got some of their staff to dress in their PJs and sleep in the most uncomfortable of public places to drive their point across. The tagline was "I wouldn't have to sleep now if I had an Ikea mattress." This rings true for most of us working full time. A full night's sleep is paramount to function well in the office. Ever had those sleepless nights tossing and turning and feeling like crap the next day?

Kudos to the Ikea guys and gals who braved the heat lying on unforgiving hard surfaces to show passersby how horrid it is not to have a nice comfortable bed to sleep on.

It certainly grabbed a lot of attention from the crowd. Some even stopped to take pictures of the unusual and often hilarious sight.

I'm borrowing some photos from the Ikea Singapore Facebook Page to share with you guys. Pretty cool huh?!





No comments:

Post a Comment